OHRA Health Insurance
A Brief Overview of OHRA
Established in 1925, OHRA is a well-known Dutch insurance company that offers various insurance products, including health, car, home, and travel insurance. With its long-standing repute and commitment to providing quality service, OHRA has attained a strong position in the Dutch insurance market. As a direct insurer, OHRA allows customers to purchase policies and manage claims through their website or Mobile app, making it an efficient and user-friendly pick for international students.
Understanding the Dutch Health Insurance System
Before diving into OHRA’s health insurance policies, it’s crucial to understand the Dutch health insurance system. In the Netherlands, health insurance is mandatory for all residents, including international students. The system is based on private health insurers and government regulations. There are two types of health insurance: basic and supplemental.
The Dutch government sets the basic health insurance package coverage, which includes essential healthcare services such as general practitioner visits, hospital care, maternity care, and mental healthcare. All health insurers in the Netherlands must accept customers for basic health insurance, regardless of age or pre-existing conditions. Premiums for basic insurance vary between providers but are relatively affordable compared to other countries.
Supplemental health insurance, on the other hand, covers additional services not included in the basic package. These services may include dental care, physiotherapy, or alternative medicine. Supplemental insurance is optional, and premiums depend on the coverage and provider.
Explorer OHRA health insurance policies
Use our tool to explorer all heath insurance plans of OHRA.
OHRA Basic Health Insurance
The OHRA Basic Health Insurance plan is designed to cover all essential healthcare services required by Dutch law. This plan includes the following:
- GP visits: Consultations and treatment by general practitioners are fully covered.
- Hospital care and specialist treatment: Inpatient and outpatient care and specialist consultations are included. However, some treatments may require a referral from your GP.
- Prescription medication: Most prescription drugs are covered under the basic plan, but you may need to pay a co-payment for some medications.
- Maternity care: Prenatal and postnatal care, as well as childbirth services, are covered. Home births, hospital births, and birth centre stays are included, but you may need to pay a co-payment for hospital stays without a medical indication.
- Mental health services: Basic mental healthcare services, including consultations with psychologists and psychiatrists, are covered. However, some treatments may require a referral from your GP.
- Limited dental care for individuals under 18: Preventive and corrective dental treatments are covered for individuals under 18 years of age.
OHRA Supplementary Insurance
OHRA offers several supplementary insurance packages to cover additional healthcare services not included in the basic plan. These packages are available at different coverage levels and price points. Some popular supplementary insurance options include:
- Dental care for adults: Depending on your chosen package, OHRA offers coverage for preventive and corrective dental treatments, such as cleanings, fillings, and extractions. Higher-tier packages may also cover orthodontic treatment and dental implants.
- Physiotherapy: OHRA provides a range of packages covering physiotherapy sessions, from a limited number of treatments per year to unlimited coverage.
- Orthodontic treatment: Some OHRA supplementary packages include coverage for orthodontic treatments, such as braces or Invisalign, up to a specific age limit and financial cap.
- Alternative medicine: Coverage for alternative therapies, such as acupuncture, homoeopathy, and chiropractic care, is available in select supplementary packages. These plans typically include a maximum reimbursement amount per year.
- Optical care: OHRA offers supplementary packages that cover eye examinations, prescription glasses, and contact lenses up to a specific limit.
- Birth control: Some OHRA supplementary packages include coverage for contraceptives, such as birth control pills, IUDs, and contraceptive injections.
Flexible and comprehensive coverage
OHRA Health Insurance offers flexible and comprehensive coverage options tailored to the needs of international students in the Netherlands. With a strong emphasis on customer service, competitive pricing, and the freedom to choose your healthcare providers, OHRA is an excellent choice for health insurance as you embark on your study abroad journey. Remember to carefully review the available plans and coverage details to find the best option for your needs and budget.
Choosing a Healthcare Provider with OHRA
One of the benefits of OHRA Health Insurance is the freedom to choose your healthcare providers. Unlike some Dutch insurers, OHRA does not have a local network of providers, meaning you can visit any healthcare professional you like without worrying about reduced reimbursements.
To find a healthcare provider in your area, you can use OHRA’s online directory or ask for recommendations from friends or your university’s international office. Remember to check if the provider accepts OHRA insurance before making an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
OHRA is a Dutch insurance company that provides various insurance policies, including health insurance. They offer coverage for medical expenses, dental care, and additional services based on the chosen plan.
OHRA typically offers a range of health insurance plans to cater to different needs, such as basic plans, supplementary plans, and dental insurance. These plans may vary in terms of coverage, premiums, and deductibles.
You can apply for OHRA Health Insurance by visiting their website, creating an account, and following the application process. You may need to provide personal information, medical history, and other relevant details.
The cost of health insurance varies depending on your chosen plan, age, and other factors. To get an accurate quote, visit the OHRA website or contact their customer service team.
To submit a claim, follow the instructions provided by OHRA. This may involve submitting a claim form and any necessary documentation, such as medical bills or receipts. You can track the status of your claim online through your account or by contacting customer service.
- Yes, most health insurance providers, including OHRA, allow you to add family members to your policy. The process and additional costs may vary depending on your chosen plan and the number of family members you want to add.
Cancellation policies may vary by provider and plan. Review your policy documents or contact OHRA customer service for more information on cancelling your health insurance policy and any applicable fees or conditions.
You can typically contact OHRA customer service through their website, phone, or email. Visit their website for the most up-to-date contact information.